The Community Council manages two allotment sites at Cefn Road and Bethesda Place.
If you would like to go on the waiting list please email Tracey Carter at email@example.com
Plot price is currently £2.70 (1.4.22-31.3.23) per perch per annum (plots are between 3-4 perch).
There is no water supply at either site.
Allotment Rules & Regulations (Please Note - during the pandemic usual inspections and allocations may be delayed)
- Allotments will only be let to residents residing in Rogerstone. Tenants who do not reside in Rogerstone currently renting plots will not be required to relinquish their tenancy. No one will be required to give up their plot if they do not reside in Rogerstone (unless they change address and are no longer within a reasonable distance to the plot); the Council will work towards a fairer policy on an evolutionary process.
- A maximum of two allotments per person/household will be let. Tenants who currently rent more than two plots per person/household will not be required to relinquish their tenancy (unless they change address and are no longer within a reasonable distance to the plot). No one will be required to give up their plots if they currently have more than the maximum, the Council will work towards a fairer policy on an evolutionary process.
- Plots must be cultivated in accordance with the tenancy agreement.
- Allotments will be inspected by the Council’s staff annually (June) and the status will be reported at the July meeting of Rogerstone Community Council.
- Allotments will be inspected annually (September) by the Council’s Environment Committee.
- Rent is payable by tenants before the 1st of April; those failing to pay will be reported to the April meeting of Rogerstone Community Council.
- Persons requesting to be added to the waiting list shall receive acknowledgment within 14 days.
- Residents on the waiting list shall be advised of their position during May.
Cefn Road Allotments and Surrounding Area
The Community Council has received a complaint that some allotment tenants are leaving litter and other debris adjacent to the car park area behind the houses of Cefn Road.
It is not a large amount that is being left, so Members ask for the cooperation of tenants in assisting the Community Council in keeping the allotments and surrounding area in a tidy and environmentally considerate manner.
Following a number of complaints regarding dog excrement and damaged plants at the Cefn Road allotments, all residents adjacent to the allotments have been contacted to remind them not to allow dogs on the allotments at any time. The allotment site is for allotment tenants only, for the purpose of cultivation of crops.
The Council provides a large open space in the area for leisure purposes and this can be accessed without going through the tenant’s allotment site.
Example Tenancy Agreement